Make your family movie night extra special with Disney movie-themed meals to match up with the movie! Here are some inspired Disney dinner recipes and the movie to watch it with!
When my oldest son was about 5, we lived in a small one-bedroom apartment. He had the bedroom, so I slept on the pull-out sofa in the living room, right next to the tiniest galley kitchen you’ve ever seen. On Friday nights, though, we did something special.
We made finger foods, pulled out the couch bed, snuggled up to watch a movie, and popped some Act II Caramel popcorn (do they even make that anymore?!?). Disney’s The Lion King was his absolute favorite, we must have watched 200 times!
He’s now in college, and we still talk about how special those Friday movie nights were (and he still loves The Lion King)!
We also still have Family Fun Night on Fridays as part of my meal planning theme nights. Go read that post and be sure to grab my full list of 50+ theme night ideas but come back to read the rest of these Disney themed dinner ideas…
My best Movie Night tips…
- we put whoever’s turn it is to choose the movie on the calendar so that there’s no “he picked last time!” or “I don’t wanna watch that!”
- we make it super cozy and all put on our “comfy” – here’s my favorite kid sized one (cheaper than the Comfy brand!) and adult one here
- sometimes we do a charcuterie-style snack tray with chips, candy, and homemade popcorn… here’s a great divided tray that’s not overwhelming but looks fancy when it’s done!
- and for those that don’t like their snacks touching (there’s always one!) – I love these for “snackle” boxes (or this one for littles)
- Oh, and DEFINITELY do the homemade popcorn – it’s sooo much tastier AND just as easy with this right here (it’s my favorite because it’s not very big!)
I hope these Disney Movie Night dinner ideas help you create some fun and lasting movie night traditions with your littles!
Disney Movie Themed Meals:
The Lion King + “Hakuna” Frittata
by Cookie And Kate
Moana + Slow Cooker Hawaiian Chicken
by Averie Cooks
Beauty And The Beast + Quick Beef Ragu For Princess Belle
by The Gingered Whisk
Toy Story + Planet Pizza’s Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
by The Girl Who Ate Everything
Add these ideas (and get lots more!) with this FREE list of Dinner Theme Nights. Download it now and make planning dinner oh so much easier!
More Disney dinner recipe idea match-ups:
The Princess and the Frog + Chicken And Sausage Gumbo
by Ashlee Marie
Mulan + Instant Pot Mongolian Beef
by Sweet And Savory Meals
Winnie The Pooh + Piglet’s Pigs In A Blanket
by I Heart Naptime
Aladdin + Hummus Pita Pizzas
by Home Cooking Memories
Lady And The Tramp + Instant Pot Spaghetti and Meatballs
by Skip To My Lou
A Goofy Movie + “Hi Dad” Alphabet Soup With Meatballs
by Dinner At The Zoo
Be sure to put all the ingredients on your grocery list and pick up the movie today for this weekend!